At KIPP Massachusetts we are always looking for great teachers, support staff, and leaders! To see any of our open positions and/or apply, visit our online job board.
At KIPP, we believe that an excellent teacher:
- Believes that all of us can and will learn and creates a positive learning environment with high expectations for all students throughout the school.
- Thrives as part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve as a teacher through feedback, coaching, and professional development.
- Teaches rigorous curriculum, constantly assesses student progress, communicates results to families and colleagues, and uses student achievement data to inform teaching and set ambitious academic goals for students.
- Exudes joy and a love for teaching and learning in the classroom every single day.
- Has a strong work ethic and commits to doing whatever it takes for students to excel, including:
- Committing to an extended school day (7am-5pm, at most schools)
- Providing individual or small group instruction for students who need additional assistance
- Performing duties outside the classroom to contribute to safe, calm, and consistent school culture
We also have our teaching fellows program!
Teaching Fellows are aspiring teachers who are committed to learning the craft of teaching through professional development, coaching, and hands-on practice in KIPP Massachusetts Schools. KIPP Massachusetts Teaching Fellows spend each day teaching and learning alongside an experienced Lead Teacher, with the goal of becoming a KIPP Massachusetts Lead Teacher in the next 1-2 years. For the 2016 – 2017 school year we are excited to welcome Elementary Fellows into our Kindergarten, First, and Second grade classrooms as well as Middle and High School Fellows in English Language Arts, Math, and Science classrooms.