Become a part of our team.
Search jobs now to see a detailed list of open positions.
The title of each opening is linked to its job application. During the application process you will be asked to indicate primary and secondary interest. We use this information to help us understand if there is more than one opportunity that your skills and experience may fit. If you experience any technical issues with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to send a message to the technical support team.
Phone and Video Interviews
You will typically receive an email within one week of submitting your application confirming our receipt of your application. If we need to collect more information about your application, we will reach out to schedule a phone or video interview.
First round phone and video interviews are an opportunity for the KIPP MA Talent Team to further determine whether your background and teaching experiences are a fit for available positions. Instructions for signing up for a phone interview or submitting a video interview will be provided in your email.
Within two weeks of your phone or video interview, you will receive an email from the Talent Team informing you of the outcome of your interview.
If you are advanced, your application materials will be shared with the hiring manager(s) for the role you applied to or are matched with.
If you are invited to interview with the hiring manager(s), you will hear back from the Talent Team with an update within two weeks of your second interview. Depending on the time of year, the entire process for successful candidates typically takes between one to three months.
Qualities & Criteria
At KIPP, we believe that an excellent teacher:
- Has a commitment to seeing life-long, transformative outcomes for students in college and in life
- Uses student achievement data to set ambitious academic goals with students and focuses on their results
- Believes that strengthening character is as important to our students’ success as the development of their academic skills
- Exudes joy and a love for teaching and learning in the classroom every single day
- Demonstrates a desire to continuously improve as a teacher, and is open to frequent observations, feedback and coaching.
- Believes in creating innovative lessons that focus on the needs of all students
- Thrives working side-by-side with a team of like-minded individuals
Qualified Candidates Have:
- 1 – 2 years of teaching experience is desired for lead teacher positions
- A bachelor’s degree (required)
- Experience working in urban schools (highly preferred)
- An incredible work ethic
- Believes that every students can and will learn
Provide specific information in the work experience fields.
Rather than simply writing the title of your position (“First Grade Teacher”), provide detailed information about your role and responsibilities in that position, as you would in a standard resume. Feel free to use bullets. Highlight your accomplishments and expertise in education here.
Sign up to receive our e-newsletter and get updates on KIPP MA growth, career opportunities and student accomplishments.